Sept. 16, 2008
Euless, Texas — GetLegal, a leader in online legal-information services, received recognition from the Web Marketing Association by winning the WebAward for Best Legal Website. During the 2008 competition, websites from 96 industries were judged independently on design, innovation, content, technology, interactivity, copywriting and ease of use. A professional judging panel selected by the association assessed www.getlegal.com and gave it high marks in all seven criteria. The site’s scored average was 30 percent higher than other websites in the Legal industry category and 16 percent higher than all websites selected to win a WebAward this year.
GetLegal welcomes visitors into an interactive environment that provides access to legal information for the public, management and research resources for legal professionals, and online marketing services for law firms. Using innovative design and technology, the website engages visitors and encourages them to explore the content found in its sections.
GetLegal’s public resources:
- Legal Information Center, developed in partnership with Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute, combining reliable written content from experienced attorneys with high-definition video to educate users on basic legal principles related to criminal law, accident and injury law, family law, employment law, bankruptcy law, immigration law and many other areas of law
- Attorney directory with nationwide listings by location and practice area
- Most public resources also are available in Spanish
Highlights of the site for legal professionals:
- Legal Research Center, developed in partnership with Cornell Law School’s Legal Information Institute, featuring organized and annotated links to all significant free legal research resources on the Internet
- Law Firm Marketing Center, offering resources for website design, web analytics, search engine optimization and video production along with descriptions of the services GetLegal offers in each area
GetLegal delivers custom, innovative and highly effective online marketing services, including website design, online video production, search engine optimization and web analytics. The writers, editors, designers, video producers and programmers who developed the website selected for this award also provide the same level of service and benefits to GetLegal’s clients.
GetLegal.com provides online interactive resources for the public and the legal community. The family of GetLegal sites includes FuenteLegal.com, a Spanish-language site providing legal information for the public; GetLegalTV.com, an online television network with legal news, information and entertainment; TheLegalCafe.com, a social networking site with a legal twist; and TheAttorneyStore.com, a one-stop shop for the legal community.
About the WebAwards
The WebAwards competition sets the standard of excellence in 96 industry categories by evaluating websites and defining benchmarks based on seven essential criteria of successful site development. The goal of the Web Marketing Association, sponsor of the WebAwards, is to provide a forum to recognize the people and organizations responsible for developing some of the most effective websites on the Internet today.
Chief Operating Officer GetLegal
E-mail: [email protected]