Amiodarone, sold under the trade names Cordarone and Nexterone, is a prescription drug approved and used for the treatment of cardiac dysrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular conditions. It is frequently used in conjunction with other procedures, such as defibrillation, to respond to cardiac arrest.
Amiodarone has been demonstrated to produce a wide range of side effects, including:
- Pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases
- Abnormalities in thyroid function, both increasing and decreasing the activity of the thyroid
- Micro-deposits in the cornea and other optic neuropathies, including swelling and visual defects
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) and liver enlargement
- Discoloration of the skin
To discuss your options if you have suffered health consequences from the use of Amiodarone, GetLegal has the tools and resources to help you find skilled legal representation to protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory, look for your geographic location and find the best lawyer for your situation.
Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Topics
I often am asked by clients how they can avoid probate. In some situations, it is appropriate to tak…Read More 12 Jul 2019, Friday
What is the Hatch Act and How Did Kellyanne Conway Violate It?
Office of Special Counsel Calls White House Counselor a “Repeat Offender” and Calls for…Read More 25 Jun 2019, Tuesday
TEVA Pharmaceutical Settles Opioid Lawsuit Before Trial
Israeli Drug Company Agrees to Pay $85 Million A second major pharmaceutical company has decided to…Read More 28 May 2019, Tuesday