Amiodarone, sold under the trade names Cordarone and Nexterone, is a prescription drug approved and used for the treatment of cardiac dysrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular conditions. It is frequently used in conjunction with other procedures, such as defibrillation, to respond to cardiac arrest.
Amiodarone has been demonstrated to produce a wide range of side effects, including:
- Pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases
- Abnormalities in thyroid function, both increasing and decreasing the activity of the thyroid
- Micro-deposits in the cornea and other optic neuropathies, including swelling and visual defects
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) and liver enlargement
- Discoloration of the skin
To discuss your options if you have suffered health consequences from the use of Amiodarone, GetLegal has the tools and resources to help you find skilled legal representation to protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory, look for your geographic location and find the best lawyer for your situation.
Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Topics
Happy Veterans Day 2019
“Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy i…Read More 08 Nov 2019, Friday
Deficiency Judgment and Foreclosures
A person borrowing money to buy a home assumes the loan is secured by the mortgage lien on the house…Read More 07 Nov 2019, Thursday
How Can a Lawyer Help You Defend Against Foreclosure?
If you fall behind on your mortgage payments, your house might end up in foreclosure. However, there…Read More 21 Oct 2019, Monday