Amiodarone, sold under the trade names Cordarone and Nexterone, is a prescription drug approved and used for the treatment of cardiac dysrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular conditions. It is frequently used in conjunction with other procedures, such as defibrillation, to respond to cardiac arrest.
Amiodarone has been demonstrated to produce a wide range of side effects, including:
- Pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases
- Abnormalities in thyroid function, both increasing and decreasing the activity of the thyroid
- Micro-deposits in the cornea and other optic neuropathies, including swelling and visual defects
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) and liver enlargement
- Discoloration of the skin
To discuss your options if you have suffered health consequences from the use of Amiodarone, GetLegal has the tools and resources to help you find skilled legal representation to protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory, look for your geographic location and find the best lawyer for your situation.
Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Topics
Four Things to Know About Traffic Stops
You’re driving down the road; you glance down at the speedometer and see that you’re driv…Read More 11 Dec 2018, Tuesday
Small Claims Court: An Overview
Let’s say that you have a dispute with your landlord. You were asked to pay a security depo…Read More 10 Dec 2018, Monday
Divorce and Taxes
If you are facing a divorce, you know that there are plenty of difficult, even painful questi…Read More 07 Dec 2018, Friday