Amiodarone, sold under the trade names Cordarone and Nexterone, is a prescription drug approved and used for the treatment of cardiac dysrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular conditions. It is frequently used in conjunction with other procedures, such as defibrillation, to respond to cardiac arrest.
Amiodarone has been demonstrated to produce a wide range of side effects, including:
- Pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases
- Abnormalities in thyroid function, both increasing and decreasing the activity of the thyroid
- Micro-deposits in the cornea and other optic neuropathies, including swelling and visual defects
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) and liver enlargement
- Discoloration of the skin
To discuss your options if you have suffered health consequences from the use of Amiodarone, GetLegal has the tools and resources to help you find skilled legal representation to protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory, look for your geographic location and find the best lawyer for your situation.
Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Topics
Happy 4th of July
Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to…Read More 02 Jul 2020, Thursday
Supreme Court Issues Landmark LGBT Employment Law Ruling
Decision Applies Civil Rights Act to Employment Issues in All 50 States The United States Supreme Co…Read More 25 Jun 2020, Thursday
President Seeks to Limit Liability of Meat Companies for COVID-19
Industry Continues to Be Hotspot for COVID Infection State health officials in Idaho announced on Tu…Read More 09 Jun 2020, Tuesday