Amiodarone, sold under the trade names Cordarone and Nexterone, is a prescription drug approved and used for the treatment of cardiac dysrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular conditions. It is frequently used in conjunction with other procedures, such as defibrillation, to respond to cardiac arrest.
Amiodarone has been demonstrated to produce a wide range of side effects, including:
- Pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases
- Abnormalities in thyroid function, both increasing and decreasing the activity of the thyroid
- Micro-deposits in the cornea and other optic neuropathies, including swelling and visual defects
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) and liver enlargement
- Discoloration of the skin
To discuss your options if you have suffered health consequences from the use of Amiodarone, GetLegal has the tools and resources to help you find skilled legal representation to protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory, look for your geographic location and find the best lawyer for your situation.
Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Topics
Divorce and Taxes
If you are facing a divorce, you know that there are plenty of difficult, even painful questi…Read More 07 Dec 2018, Friday
Legalizing Recreational Marijuana: A New State Revolution?
Election night 2018 brought about several changes in the legal landscape, but probably none s…Read More 06 Dec 2018, Thursday
The State(s) of Medicaid Expansion
In 2012, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) made some sweeping chang…Read More 05 Dec 2018, Wednesday