Amiodarone, sold under the trade names Cordarone and Nexterone, is a prescription drug approved and used for the treatment of cardiac dysrhythmias, including atrial and ventricular conditions. It is frequently used in conjunction with other procedures, such as defibrillation, to respond to cardiac arrest.
Amiodarone has been demonstrated to produce a wide range of side effects, including:
- Pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases
- Abnormalities in thyroid function, both increasing and decreasing the activity of the thyroid
- Micro-deposits in the cornea and other optic neuropathies, including swelling and visual defects
- Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) and liver enlargement
- Discoloration of the skin
To discuss your options if you have suffered health consequences from the use of Amiodarone, GetLegal has the tools and resources to help you find skilled legal representation to protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory, look for your geographic location and find the best lawyer for your situation.
Defective Drugs & Medical Devices Topics
Could You Be a U.S. Citizen and Not Know It?
Lately, the news is filled with stories of people like Peter Sean Brown: Brown, born in Philadelphia…Read More 05 Mar 2019, Tuesday
Common Law Marriage: Uncommon Arrangement, Common Concerns
During the past decade, there has been a great deal of debate over what does, and does not, count as…Read More 25 Feb 2019, Monday
New Revelations about Asbestos in Baby Powder
For years, mothers used talcum powder when changing their babies’ diapers. The sweet-smelling subs…Read More 18 Feb 2019, Monday