• SearchField_GetLegal

Legal guardianship over a child

If a child is staying with you for a short amount of time, such as a few weeks or months, you won’t need guardianship. You will need to get legal guardianship over a child if you plan to care for the child for a period of years. If you don’t, you may have trouble arranging medical care or enrolling the child in school. If you do not think the child’s parents are able to care for the child properly or you think the parents want the child back, you have no right to keep the child.

Connect with Top-rated Attorneys Near You

    Latest Article


      Find Leading Attorneys in Your Area


          Talk to an Attorney

          How It Works

          • Briefly tell us about your case
          • Provide your contact information
          • Choose attorneys to contact you
          • SearchField_GetLegal


          Our mission at GetLegal is to develop a family of sites that constitute the most useful, informative, reliable and exciting collection of legal resources on the web. We are constantly working to expand and improve many resources we offer to legal professionals and the public.

          Contact Us : 817-359-7077



          By submitting information to this site, you give permission to GetLegal, or a partner of GetLegal, to contact you by email.

          Advertise With Us

          © 2008-2021 LawConnect, Inc. All rights reserved. Sitemap | Copyright/DMCA Policy | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Disclosures/Disclaimers