• SearchField_GetLegal

Modifying child support

An order for child support can be changed or modified any time there is a “material change in circumstances” from the time the existing child support was issued. A change in circumstances can take many forms: a change in the parent’s financial situation (e.g., a substantial difference in the amount of income earned, loss of a job, a large inheritance), a change in the amount of time spent with the child or a change in the child’s situation (e.g., medical expenses, the need for special education). A child support payment could be modified by requirement between the parents or by a court hearing.

Connect with Top-rated Attorneys Near You

    Latest Article


      Find Leading Attorneys in Your Area


          Talk to an Attorney

          How It Works

          • Briefly tell us about your case
          • Provide your contact information
          • Choose attorneys to contact you
          • SearchField_GetLegal


          Our mission at GetLegal is to develop a family of sites that constitute the most useful, informative, reliable and exciting collection of legal resources on the web. We are constantly working to expand and improve many resources we offer to legal professionals and the public.

          Contact Us : 817-359-7077



          By submitting information to this site, you give permission to GetLegal, or a partner of GetLegal, to contact you by email.

          Advertise With Us

          © 2008-2021 LawConnect, Inc. All rights reserved. Sitemap | Copyright/DMCA Policy | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Disclosures/Disclaimers