Why You Should Consider Optimizing Your Law Firm’s Online Content for Voice Search
The research on the power of online video marketing is compelling. Studies show that it can improve “click-through” rates by as much as 300 percent. In one study, nine of every ten web visitors admitted that video played a factor in their decision-making process. Another poll found that video on a landing page increased conversion rates by 80%.
There are many different ways to use video, though, to build your practice. Here are some of the top strategies:
- Post your videos on your website – One proven way to get the attention of a web visitor—have an effective video on your home page. It’s typically the first place potential clients land after selecting your entry on the Google search engine results page. An embedded video on your home page allows potential clients to quickly put a face and voice to your name, creating an emotional connection that the written word cannot.
- Upload a video directly to YouTube — One of every three web users are actively on YouTube, watching more than 5 billion videos every day. Practically speaking, YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. To get maximum boost from a video that you upload, make certain you create tags, titles, and descriptions so your video has a better chance of being found in a Google search. Also consider setting up a YouTube channel and post videos there on a regular basis.
- Upload a video to your Facebook page — Consider the fact that more than 8 billion Facebook video views occur every day. You can include a link to a YouTube video, but it’s more effective to upload the video natively to your Facebook page. Facebook’s algorithm gives greater weight to videos posted directly on your page (it’s part of Facebook’s effort to compete more effectively with YouTube and other online video platforms). In addition, research shows that Facebook viewers are 10 times more likely to watch a video embedded on a Facebook page than they are to link out to YouTube to watch a video. You may even want to use your video as your Facebook page header.
- Attach or embed video with all staff e-mail signatures — You can customize your e-mail signatures with a tag line—something like “here’s a video about some of the exciting things happening at our firm.” If your e-mail server doesn’t have the capability to embed a video, post a link to the video.
- Include a video with your profiles — Some profile platforms, like Avvo, let you include a video as part of your page. Again, it makes you a real person, with a recognizable face, voice and mannerisms, all of which help distinguish you from the competition.
Contact GetLegal to Create an Effective Online Video Marketing Strategy
At GetLegal, we offer full-service video production capabilities, from the preparation of scripts to videography and editing. We’ll help you conceive, develop and implement an effective digital video marketing campaign. Call us at 877-359-7077 or use our convenient online form to learn more.