- Energy Law: An Overview – From Cornell’s Legal Information Institute. Links to all U.S. energy and natural resources statutes.
- Electric Power Research Institute – Organization that researches and develops technology, operations, and the environment for the global electric power sector. Links to a research portfolio, EPRI Journal, and more.
- State Public Utility Commission Links – Links to all 50 state utility commissions in the U.S.
- Harvard Electricity Policy Group – Founded in 1993. Includes an extensive research library. Also links to many other energy-related sites, including other university sites.
Oil & Gas
- American Petroleum Institute – Comprehensive source of information on oil and natural gas. Links to policy discussions, industry statistics, and a catalog of API’s 200,000+ yearly publications.
- Resources on Oil and Gas Law – List of print and Internet resources. Some are general; others are specific to a state.
- Gas Technology Institute – Research, development and training organization serving the natural gas industry.
- Government Documents on Nuclear Energy – Online exhibit from Purdue University. Links to numerous government and industry websites offering technical, policy, and regulatory information. Also links to online archives (e.g., the Joint Committee on Atomic Energy archive at Stanford University).
- Radwaste.org – Includes more than 10,000 links to organizations (companies, research centers, regulatory agencies, etc.) involved in radioactive waste clean-up. Links to journals, technical reports, laws and regulations, and more.
- Energy Legal Blog – Updates and analysis of national and regional energy issues.
- Renewable + Law – Blog dedicated to tracking major policy and legal developments impacting the U.S. renewable energy industry.
- The New Carbon Cycle – News and analysis of climate change, carbon trading, and renewable energy.
Associations & Agencies
- American Public Power Association – Non-profit organization for the nation’s electric utilities. Links to legislative & regulatory information, research and development, an online directory, news articles, and more.
- National Association of Energy Service Companies – National organization promoting energy efficiency. Links to federal and state advocacy reports, as well as case studies, project updates, and news. The resources section of its website links to numerous energy organizations, including international ones.
- National Association of State Energy Officials – National membership group. Its affiliate members include numerous federal, state, and international energy agencies, as well as to non-profit research and advocacy groups.
- Energy Bar Association
- U.S. Department of Energy – Responsible for overall U.S. energy policy and management.
- FERC – The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission directly regulates U.S. energy companies. Links include regulatory filings, orders, complaints, settlements, statutes and regulations, and more. Most documents published after 1990.
- NRC – Website of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Links to policy and scientific information. The Electronic Reading Room includes thousands of legal and regulatory documents.
- University of Virginia Center for Oceans Law & Policy – Website includes links to numerous related organizations.
Journals, News & Articles
- Energy Law Journal – Published by the Energy Bar Association. Archive back to 1980.
- Gas.com – News aggregation maintained by World News Network. Includes stories on natural, unleaded, and propane gas. Links to other WN Network sites, including Oil.com, OPEC.com, and more.
- Powermarketers.com – News site of the Power Marketing Association. Sign up for Daily Power Report by e-mail and get free access to 30-day story archive.