- Environmental Law Net — Comprehensive site for environmental statutes, cases, agencies, compliance, enforcement, litigation and transactions (i.e., environmental concerns when buying/selling property, such as mold, lead paint and asbestos).
- Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide — Network of public-interest attorneys, scientists and other environmental advocates. Legal and Scientific Resources links to cases, publications and other resources on dozens of environmental topics.
- Yahoo! Environmental Law — Directory of websites, including environmental law organizations, journals and educational resources.
- Earthjustice — Leading nonprofit environmental law firm. Library links to thousands of full-text studies, cases and other documents on environmental topics. There is a special page on global warming as well as a directory of news stories.
- Center for International Environmental Law — Information on worldwide biodiversity, climate change, chemicals, human rights, sustainable development and other areas. Links to full-text reports and other publications.
Air & Water
- EPA Air — Includes a guide to the Clean Air Act as well as information on air pollutants, pollution control, carbon emissions, acid rain, global warming, legislation and permitting, and more.
- Clean Air Council — Nonprofit organization specializing in clean-air advocacy. Links to information on air quality, secondhand smoke, energy deregulation, carbon monoxide and more.
- EPA Water — Directory of information on water-related topics, including drinking water, ground water, water pollutants and wastewater.
- National Institutes for Water Resources — Links to the home pages of the 54 U.S. Water Resources Research Centers. Also links to federal agencies, professional organizations, weather/climate information and other water resources.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service — In-depth information on endangered species, wildlife management, habitats, animal science, invasive species, conservation and more.
- Endangeredspecie.com — Links to endangered species by U.S. state. Also links to organizations, U.S. laws, case studies and other resources.
- World Wildlife Fund — Advocacy group (1.2 million members worldwide) dedicated to wildlife conservation.
Chemicals & Cleanup
- Environmental Health and Toxicology — A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Topical links include chemicals and drugs, poisoning, toxicology, pesticides, diseases and risk assessment. Also links to TOXNET, a collection of free databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health and related areas.
- Chemindustry.com — Directory of more than 80,000 chemical, biotech and environmental websites. Many of the sites are vendor sites, though Resources links to journals, databases, portals, wikis, research institutes and more.
- Cleanupoil.com — Comprehensive site for oil spill cleanup information. Links to a directory of more than 1,000 oil spill contractors around the world. Also links to news, conferences, training resources, videos, worldwide associations and more.
- Environmental Law Prof Blog — Member of the Law Professors Blog Network.
- Environmental Legal Blogs — Tracks developments in environmental law.
- Mongabay.com — Environmental news articles in blog format. No original analysis and writing.
Journals, News & Articles
- Environmental Justice Resource Center — Collection of news stories, reports and substantive articles. Also includes an annotated environmental justice bibliography.
- Environment News Service — International daily newswire, started in 1990. Does original analysis and writing.
- Duke Environmental Law & Policy Forum — Free full-text articles back to 1996.
Associations & Agencies
- Environmental Law Institute — Nonpartisan education and research center.
- Sierra Club — Website of “America’s oldest, largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization.” Environmental Law summarizes lawsuits filed by the Sierra Club. Other programs include environmental justice, education and energy solutions.
- Association of American State Geologists — Links to the geological survey of each of the 50 states and Puerto Rico. Also links to fact sheets about mineral resources, ground water, environmental affairs and other topics.
- Scholarly Societies Project — Links to dozens of scholarly associations in the environmental sciences.
- Environmental Protection Agency — The primary regulator of U.S. environmental safety. Links to an index of environmental topics, which further link to studies, publications, guidance documents, laws and regulations, and more.
- U.S. Department of the Interior — Oversees the National Park Service, the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, the U.S. Geological Survey and other agencies.