Special U.S. Courts
- U.S. Court of International Trade – Full text of opinions back to 1999. Also links to rules and forms.
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims – Full text of opinions back to 1997. Also links to rules and forms.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces – Full text of opinions back to 1997. Also links to the Daily Journal, audio of hearings, court rules, and more.
- U.S. Tax Court – Full and memorandum opinions back to 1995. Also links to rules and forms, practitioner information, and more.
Court Support and Analysis
- Federal Judicial Center – The FJC is the education and research agency for the U.S. courts, studying and reporting on public policy issues surrounding the judiciary. Many of these reports are available here in full text.
- U.S. Sentencing Commission – Full text of versions of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines Manual back to 1994 (amendments back to 1998). Also links to other Commission reports and publications, as well as a special page on Booker/Fanfan issues.
- U.S. Courts Library – Links to U.S. court forms, statistical reports, and special publications (e.g., History of Federal Judgeships). Also links to federal codes of judicial ethics and conduct.
- Split Circuits – Blog that tracks developments concerning splits among the U.S. circuit courts. Archives available back to 2005.
U.S. Supreme Court Resources
- Supreme Court blog – Supreme Court commentary written by attorneys at Akin Gump, a large law firm. Links to new filings, opinions, and podcasts offering additional analysis.
- Slate: Jurisprudence – Archive of Supreme Court articles since 1996 by the writers at Slate.com.
- TIME – Collection of Supreme Court articles published in TIME magazine. Dates back to 1923.
- Appellate.net – Maintained by the Mayer Brown law firm, one of the top Supreme Court firms in the nation. Links to briefs and articles written by the firm, as well as audio files of the firm’s oral arguments.
- Briefserve – Collection of briefs and appendices from U.S. Supreme Court cases (back to 1984) and Courts of Appeals cases (back to 1981). The site is not free, but it is low-cost. Search by case name or docket number and download docs in PDF.
- U.S. Supreme Court Records and Briefs – Cornell University guide to locating Supreme Court briefs online. Lists free as well as commercial sources.
- Free and Fee-based Appellate Court Briefs Online – Another guide to locating appellate court briefs.
- Oyez – Electronic archive of Supreme Court oral arguments (currently back to 1983). The goal is to digitize all arguments back to 1955, when Supreme Court sessions were first recorded.
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals – Recordings back to 2003.
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals – Recordings back to 2000.
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals – Recordings back to 2005.
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals – Recordings back to 2006.