- ABA Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law – Links to member information, CLE courses, publications (e.g., Probate and Property Magazine), and other resources.
- Real Estate Transactions – Offers an overview of this area of law. Also links to federal and state statutes, important case law, and more.
- Real Estate Law – Dozens of annotated links to web sites pertaining to property law, zoning, urban development, construction, real estate finance, and more.
Real estate finance
- Mortgate-Investments.com – 800+ pages of real estate and mortgage information. Includes forms, spreadsheets, mortgage calculators, and an extensive resources page.
- Yahoo! Real Estate – Search for lenders, realtors, home values, available properties, rentals, foreclosures, news headlines, and more. Includes national graphs of mortgage rates and market conditions. Also offers how-to guides and advice.
- Appraisal Institute – News, laws, regulations, learning resources, and other information about real estate valuation.
- Land Use Law Center – A project of Pace University Law School. Links to faculty publications, a land use library, a database of ordinances, zoning information, and more.
- Center for Urban Policy Research – Links to information on land use, community development, and transportation.
Owning & renting
- Rentlaw.com – Comprehensive information for landlords and tenants. Also has information on renter’s insurance, personal credit, commercial real estate, and more. Includes an eviction guide for each of the 50 states.
- Landlord.com – Do-it-yourself resources for landlords, including forms and checklists, articles, and laws for all 50 states.
- National Housing Law Project – National housing law and advocacy center. Links to resources on public housing, Section 8, HUD, tax credits, low-income buyers/renters, and more.
- HUD User – Offers in-depth analysis of U.S. housing policy, regulations, market conditions, and more. Over 1,000 publications and data sets available for download. Also offers a searchable bibliography of over 10,000 housing-related book and article citations.
- FEAR – Comprehensive site of asset forfeiture resources. Links to federal and state statutes, federal court cases, articles, legislation and lobbying, court news, and more.
- Construction Web Links – Comprehensive site for information on litigation, building codes, engineering, licensing, safety, and legislative activity. Links to 50-state agency guide, full text of construction-related laws and regulations, and more.
- Constructionrisk.com – Portal for construction risk management information, including articles, newsletters, and a topical directory. Also links to a directory of consultants, lawyers, and expert witnesses.
- PropertyProf Blog – Member of the Law Professors Blog Network.
- Real Estate and Construction Law Blog – Topics include construction claims, eminent domain, licensing, mechanics’ liens, insurance, OSHA, and more.
- Soapbox – Ethics and issues in real estate appraisal.
- Traci D. Ellis – One of the issues Traci blogs about is real estate investing.
- Other real estate blogs – List of real estate blogs, many specific to certain cities (e.g., New York, Chicago, San Francisco) or countries (e.g., Canada).
Associations & agencies
- Realtor.com – Official site of the National Association of Realtors.
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America – News, research, advocacy, publications, industry resources, and more.
- American Real Estate Society – Membership info, newsletters, and full-text journals published by the Society. Also offers an outstanding set of links to useful sites for real estate research.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development – Links to statutes, regulations, forms, handbooks, and other information on buying, selling, renting, foreclosure, home improvements, and more.
- Bureau of Land Management – Division of the U.S. Department of the Interior. Links to statutes and regulations, forms, studies, and more.
Journals, news & articles
- Globest.com – Commercial real estate news source. Organizes coverage by city, region (e.g., Northwest, Southeast), or sector (e.g., capital markets, industrial, retail, office). Blogs and opinion pieces are available under Features.
- Realty Times – Real estate news network. Offers news articles and videos, consumer advice, and a daily market conditions report. Article archive goes back to January 1998.
- CNN Money – Mortgage and real estate news from CNN. Also available: news videos, mortgage calculators, and a search interface for Bankrate.com.
- Legal Wiz – Over 100 free articles on real estate topics.