- The Income Tax School – A list of websites relating to tax practice, tax professionals, licensing agencies, and the IRS.
Federal & state tax
- Legalbitstream – Full text of U.S. tax cases, including Tax Court regular and memorandum opinions (back to 1990). Also links to full text of IRS revenue rulings (back to 1954), private letter rulings (back to 1979), general counsel memoranda (back to 1982), and more.
- Cumulative Bulletins – Links to PDF versions of the IRS Cumulative Bulletin back to 1995.
- State taxation statutes – Links to taxation statutes for all 50 states.
- Worldwide-Tax.com – Includes general and economic surveys, as well as detailed tax information for numerous countries.
- U.S. Dept. of the Treasury – Resource center on international tax, including tax treaties.
- TaxProf Blog – “A must-read blog.” (Wall Street Journal)
- Taxgirl – Witty blog on tax news, law, and policy.
- MauledAgain – Prof. James Edward Maule shares his opinions on tax law and other subjects.
- International Tax Blog – Focuses on interesting international tax issues.
Associations & agencies
- National Association of Tax Professionals – Links to federal tax information, online publications, a fee-based research service, and more.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Links to journals (e.g., The Tax Adviser), professional resources, legislative information, and more.
- Multistate Tax Commission – Intergovernmental agency working on behalf of states and taxpayers to administer tax laws that apply to multistate and multinational enterprises.
- Federation of Tax Administrators – Compares state tax rates, collects state revenue data, links to state departments of revenue, and more.
- Internal Revenue Service – Official IRS website.
- Department of the Treasury – Official website of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Journals, news & articles
- TaxProphet – Original articles on wealth management, ESOs, and general tax issues.
- The Tax Adviser – Monthly publication of the AICPA. Online archive back to 1997.
- CNNMoney – News and analysis on tax, retirement, insurance, personal finance, and more.
- TaxNotes – Daily news, analysis, and commentary about taxation.
- Georgetown University
- Harvard University – Guide to U.S. tax research.
- NYU – Guide to researching international tax law.
- Vanderbilt University – Research sources for U.S. federal, state, and local jurisdictions, as well as international research materials and links to relevant government resources.