Content Related To 'temporary-visas'

Immigration Visa Categories

A: Issued to diplomats and employees of foreign governments who come to the U.S. to work at an embassy or consulate for their country. This includes a foreign ambassador, a consul and their staffs. The A visa also includes the family members of the diplomatic staff. B: Used for foreign visitors to the U.S. for […]


Lea en español Asylum is a process by which a foreign national may seek permanent residence in the United States, based on a history or reasonable fear of persecution in their country of origin, whether for political, religious, ethnic or other reasons. A person may apply for asylum while residing within the United States. To […]

Immigration Law

Websites Immigration Law Portal – Contains 50,000+ pages of information on immigration law. Free daily newspaper, Immigration Daily, is also available. – Links to immigration forms, ABC’s of immigration, State Department info, newsletters, and more. Blogs Immigration Blog – Current info and opinions on U.S. immigration law. U.S. Immigration Law News Blog – Published […]

Exchange-Program Visa

Lea en español J Visa & Q Visa J and Q visas allow foreign nationals to enter the U.S. to exchange artistic, academic and scientific knowledge and skills and share the history and culture of their native country. The J visa is for: secondary school, college or university students teachers or professors research or short-term […]

Business Visa & Tourism Visa

Lea en español B1 Visa & B2 Visa B1 and B2 visas are for visitors to the U.S. who are entering for a temporary business, tourism (pleasure) or medical-treatment purpose. Allowable Activities on a B1 or B2 Visa People who enter the U.S. on a B1 or B2 visa may do so only for the […]

Temporary Visa Categories

Lea en español Foreign nationals who wish to come to the U.S. temporarily generally must seek a visa from a U.S. Consulate. A visa is a document stamped into a passport that allows a person to seek admission to the U.S. It does not give the holder the right to enter the U.S., only the […]

Applying for a Temporary Visa

Lea en español Temporary Residence in the United States—The Legal Requirements Under American immigration laws, any foreign national who seeks to enter the country must present a valid visa at the port of entry, whether it be an airport or a border crossing. This applies even if you are coming into the United States for […]

Student Visa

Lea en español Noncitizens wishing to study in the U.S. may apply for a nonimmigrant student visa. The U.S. allows foreign students to attend school in the country under three visa programs: F visas for academic students, M visas for vocational students and J visas for exchange students. J visas are detailed in Exchange-Program Visas. […]

Immigration Law Center

Lea en español When you’ve left everything you knew to come to the United States, you knew it wouldn’t be easy. Though you dreamed of a new life and new opportunities, you also expected that there would be challenges. Will you be allowed in the country? How long can you stay? What steps do you […]

Citizenship & Immigration Services to Raise Filing Fees

Citizenship & Immigration Services will raise its filing fees, effective July 30, 2007. The fee increase, which will affect all applications for citizenship, green cards and temporary visas, is the largest in the agency’s history, with some fees more than doubling. The nation is buzzing about the proposed Comprehensive Immigration Reform measure being considered by […]