- Tort Law Overview – Links to recent federal and state decisions, as well as other resources.
- Theories of Tort Law – Article from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Class Action Litigation – Comprehensive source of news, legal and government resources, medical information, and more pertaining to class action lawsuits.
Accidents and injuries
- Consumer Product-Related Statistics – Links to accident data, compiled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, involving toys, playpens, asbestos, CO2, and more.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – Links to vehicle ratings, driver death rates (by vehicle make/model), and other research.
- NTSB Accident Reports – Federal reports on aviation, highway, marine, railroad, and other types of accidents.
- Workplace Injury, Illness & Fatality Statistics – Compiled by the U.S. DOL. Data go back to the mid-1990s.
- PubMed – The National Library of Medicine’s comprehensive index to medical and scientific literature. Also links to MedlinePlus, a consumer health guide.
- Researching Medical Literature on the Internet – Guide to locating medical search engines, physician information, health journals and textbooks, and more.
- Public Library of Science – Links to free full-text journals in the fields of medicine, biology, genetics, and more.
- Law Digest – Summarizes of insurance law cases, written by leading law firms. Organized by state and Canadian province.
- State Insurance Departments – Links to web site of each state’s insurance department.
- International Risk Management Institute – Comprehensive insurance and risk management site. Links to glossary, expert commentaries, topical libraries (e.g., construction, risk finance, workers comp), and more.
- JurisPro – Free directory of expert witnesses. Search by name or browse topic or state listing.
- Experts.com – Another expert witness directory. Also features articles on various litigation topics.
- Consumer Law Page – Links to hundreds of articles and web resources (e.g., medical, legal, environment, defective products).
- MSDSSearch – Features include product safety information, government information, online dictionary, breaking news, and chemical incidents.
- UCC Article 2 – Links to text of UCC Article 2 as adopted by all 50 states.
- Recalls.gov – Database of product recalls, maintained by the federal government.
- Day on Torts – Comments on all areas of federal and state tort law.
- TortsProf Blog – Part of the Law Professors Blog Network.
- Insurance Scrawl – Comments on the law and business of insurance.
- Med Mal Blog – News, discussion, and a list of resources for med mal attorneys.
- Products Liability Prof Blog – Part of the Law Professors Blog Network.
Associations & agencies
- American Association for Justice – Formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Resources page links to Trial magazine, various law reporters, document libraries, and more.
- American Tort Reform Association – National trade group dedicated to curtailing lawsuits and legal liability. See the issues page for a legislative agenda and the links page for like-minded groups.
- RAND Institute – Policy research institute that studies litigation trends, jury verdicts, workers compensation systems, and other aspects of civil justice.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration – Links to OSHA regulations, interpretations, guidance documents, workplace statistics, and more.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – Links to laws, regulations, vehicle safety research, and more.
- Food and Drug Administration – Links to consumer and industry resources for food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, and more.
Journals, news & articles
- The Economics of Tort Law – Long article discussing punitive damages, joint care, split-award statutes, and other topics.
- Journal of Tort Law – Free online journal, begun in 2006.
- Torts & Products Liability Law – Full-text scholarly articles available from the Social Science Research Network.
- Total Injury – Latest news pertaining to all types of injury cases.